We love the relaxing feeling on this secluded lanai! Enjoy your morning with fresh local fruit and Kona coffee surrounded by palm trees and fragrant plumeria trees. Occasionally a gecko or two will come along and keep you company. The unit faces northeast so you don't get lots of direct sun, allowing the unit to stay cooler than other units. The lanai also overlooks the pool.
- Overall: 760 sq ft, 2nd floor, 3 beds, 2 bedrooms, 1 California king bed, 1 queen bed, 2 full sized bathrooms, dining table and 6 chairs, 1 couch, 1 chair, 2 ottomans. Lanai with dining set, 4 chairs and chaise lounge
- Linens and Furnishings: extra towels and extras in hall linen closet, brand new beds, dining furniture, living room furniture, new bedding.
- TV's: in master bedroom and in living room. Master bedroom and living room have smart WiFi enabled TV's for streaming movies, watching Netflix or HULU
- WiFi: 100 mb download, 10mb upload - FAST for streaming Netflix, HULU or other online games and movies
- Bathrooms: 2 full sized bathrooms, hair dryer, hand soap, towels, washcloths, hand towels (no shampoo, bath soap, conditioner)
- AC: 2 brand new LG wall units that work via remote and will each cool an 800 sq ft area (1 in each bedroom). Ceiling fans in every room. Stays nice and cool for hot days! On cooler mornings and evenings, open the windows and allow the breeze to come in the screens. Please turn off AC when leaving to conserve energy.
- Beach gear: snorkel gear and beach towels are in hall linen closet.
- Kitchen: coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, oven, range, pots, pans, knives, etc
- Laundry: washer and dryer in unit. Laundry soap included. There's also a drying rack in the front bedroom that you can take out to the lanai
- On site: pool, BBQ area, clubhouse for lounging
- Clubhouse: use of any "left behind" items such as: beach chairs, boogie boards, beach toys, etc (rinse and return after using). Snorkel gear is ours and to be returned to bottom of hall linen closet after rinsing off.
- Safety: exterior light for late arrivals, deadbolt door with keypad code that auto locks after 30 seconds, smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector
- Other: hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher soap and laundry soap provided. Travel books and "Aloha" book in unit with WiFi info, check out procedures, rules, etc.
Why this condo?
The condo is minutes to the beach, Kailua-Kona and shopping without the traffic congestion or noise in town. This location is quiet, quaint, a 2 minute walk to the best snorkel beach and still close enough to Kona and Captain Cook that makes it the ideal location for vacationing!
Catch the Kona Trolley just down at the corner of Makolea St and Ali'i Drive to ride all around Kailua-Kona for a $2 transfer fee. Runs all along Ali'i Drive. Stops here at: 10:45am, 1pm, 3:10pm, 5:20pm, 7:20pm and 9:05pm. Runs from 9am-9:15pm. A fun way to see the town! There are taxi and uber options but the best way to see the island is to rent a vehicle.
The Kahaluu neighborhood is a mix of vacationers and locals alike enjoying the beautiful island. Just south, it's a convenient 2 minute drive to the Keauhou Shopping Center. Here you have your choice of Japanese, Italian, Thai, Mexican or Hawaiian Restaurants. Shopping, Cafe, Pharmacy, Grocery Stores and a movie theater!
- The Makolea Complex, all units, lanai's and grounds are non-smoking. If you smoke or vape, this is not the place for you. Infractions will be fined $100 per occurance.
- The Makolea Complex enforces strict quiet time from 10pm-8am. If you are a partier or are loud, this is not the place for you. Infractions will be fined $100 per occurance.
- Mahalo for removing shoes before entering the condo. Please rinse sand from all beach accessories and feet before entering building.
- No pets